Bleachers are one of the best workouts for getting cardio in while also building strength in your legs. They are one of my favorite summer workouts because you can feel your progress each week you do them. For me, summer is technically my off-season/preseason so it really helps develop a solid foundation to use once I start back running.
Depending on how you feel, do 2-4 sets of this routine. You can build your way up to 4 sets as you do this consistently.
Remember to use your arms and breathe!
- Hit every step all the way up, jog down
2. Skip a step all the way up, jog down
3. Skip 2 steps all the way up, jog down
- You really have to use your strength and explode up to skip 2. Don’t worry if you don’t get it on the first go around, just keep trying!
4. 10x bleacher pushup
- Remember to keep your elbows in
5. 10x bleacher dips
- go deep enough so that you get a 90-degree angle with your arms
Take a 2 to 5-minute break and repeat!
Whenever you’re working out outside remember to always stay hydrated. The body is made up of water so you literally need it to function and perform! Keep at this workout at least once a week and you will definitely see results!
Let me know if you try this workout + how it went and also if there are any specific workouts or areas of the body you’d like for me to show how to get strong!